Oh, my dear three readers! I'm back and I have a few things I need to get off my chest. I feel woefully unprepared for the start of Season Five of Sons of Anarchy. I urge you to judge, accept, laugh or feel like you're in good company. Here are my Sons of Anarchy sins in no particular order:
- I haven't watched any of the Before the Anarchy videos
- I stopped watching the WTF Sutter videos before the beginning of Season 4
- I can't keep up with all of the cast photos that have been released.
- I didn't run out and buy the Season 4 DVDs on BluRay
- I have no idea what Kurt Sutter's fan challenge is for this season.
- I have only watched the Tara promo. If it doesn't air while I'm watching TV, I don't seek it out in the corners of the inter webs.
- The Paley Center event happened. Apparently. It was on and off my radar before I could read the coverage.
- Comic Con happened and I missed all of it.
- The TCA panel happened and I missed all the coverage of it except for the Firewall and Iceberg podcast.
- I know that there are spoilers and teasers out there on the Internet but I haven't looked at them.
So what does all of this mean? Maybe it means I'm lazy. Maybe it means I'm not worthy. Maybe it means I'm a bad fan.
I think it means that I'm overwhelmed by the amount of content that's available in the Sons of Anarchy pre-season. I just can't keep up with it all. It also means that after the last two seasons, I'm more inclined to go into this season completely blind. I've made my peace with the show. I know it's a soap that claims to be something more than it really is. And I'm okay with that. I'll ignore the claims and focus on Jax's bare ass.