Saturday, November 21, 2009

Miscellaneous Motorcycle Fun


When I was 10, my parents bought a VCR, hooked it up, and got a shiny new membership to The Video Hut.  Our first rental?  Easy Rider .  I was mesmerized by the landscape, the motorcycles, and the 1960s counter-culture.  It is still one of my Top 10 favorite moves of all time.


This year marks the 40th anniversary of Easy Rider.  Slate has an interesting 6-part story retracing the road trip of Billy and Wyatt that is worth a look-see.  The interactive map with then and now photos is also click worthy.  My only complaint?  The author drives a car.  A PT Cruiser at that.  I know, I know no one is perfect but still.... I'd have expected something with a little more muscle.  Maybe a Mustang if he was going to drive a car at all.

On a lighter note, have you ever wondered what you outlaw biker name would be?  You know, if you're not one already.  Viola:  there is an outlaw biker name generator in the internets.

My name is Bitch, of the Evil Inlaws MC.  A note on to the ladies. Apparently the only female name that comes up is Bitch.  This is a tad instructive.  But anyways, if you play around with the gender you will get a different result.  Regardless, it is a fun little time killer.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment