Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sookie Day!

Today, the 10th book in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mystery series is released.  I pre-ordered Dead in The Family from Amazon. I shelled out the extra cash for the overnight shipping because I have enough shame to keep me from rushing out to the bookstore like a deranged fangirl but I'm not completely shameless to the point where I will pay a premium to get it on release day. 
The UPS man tends to come late in the day so it should be in my hot little hands by 5:00 pm.  With rumors of Shakespearean endings floating around, I kind of suspect that a major character might be offed in this installment.  But I don't care.  I'm just excited for the book.  And it is a nice little obsession distraction for the Sons of Anarchy off season.  Thank God the LSH will be in Motor City, USA today so he won't be here to interrupt my reading make fun of my fangirl tendencies.      

3 comments:

  1. I'm patiently waiting for the UPS guy to show up at work. If he doesn't have a box with him there will be hell to pay. Oh and I fully intend to ignore my family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though UPS always has it as "out for delivery" I have the same irrational fears every year that the driver will get in an accident and I won't get my book. Totally crazy and completely irrational, I know.

    I have a feeling there will be a lot of families that go neglected tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! so when does the next book come out? I need some closure. I'm so team eric in the books, but so far really team sam in the show. Ms. Harris needs to clear some crap up for me!

    ReplyDelete