Tuesday, June 29, 2010

True Blood Recap, 3.03 It Hurts Me Too

Thank you, Alan Ball!  Finally!  I think that True Blood has finally hit its stride for Season 3.  Aside from a few irritating plot lines I'm looking at you Tara, Jason, and Sam, this was by far the best episode this season.  Anyways, here's my Good/Bad/Ugly recap of True Blood, 3.03 It Hurts Me Too, because it's like armageddon in here anytime someone chips a dessert glass.  


The Good 

  • Talbot and Russell:  beneath their sophisticated, charming, urbane exterior exists a ruthless power couple.  Sort of like Bill and Hillary.
  • Terry's joy that he is going to be a daddy and Arlene's dirty little secret.  My money is on Rene/Drew as the baby daddy.  
  • The human suffering/vampire desire dichotomy.  Lorena is a bitch but at least she is a bitch who has a purpose and so do flashbacks.  Or she is a bitch who gets hate fucked like there has never been a hate fuck on television ever.  Holy Hell!  The LSH had to take my martini because away I was hyperventilating with sick awe-inspired giggles.  Just when you thought that Nazi werewolves were a bit too much, a neck twisting, I'm too lazy to hate fuck you doggie style so let me just turn YOUR WHOLE FUCKING HEAD AROUND scene happens.  Oh, Bill William Bill.  You bad boy.  I knew you had it in you all along, you old dog.  However, the great scenes of Eric and Sookie burying a body and discussions of how quickly Eric could be on site in Jackson to rescue Sookie that were crackling with tension and chemistry just pale in comparison.    
  • Tara showing us what an orgasm from tantric, sadomasochistic vampire sex looks like.      
  • Oh, hello there Alcide!  You wear a henley better than Beeeel.  And you're all kinds of hotness even when you were getting the stuffing beaten out of you by Patrick Swayze's brother.  You are exactly what I imagined when I read the books let's just hope they don't turn you into a complete selfish asshole on the show.  
  • Pam having her way with Yevetta: good.  The sound effects of what seems to be someone eating an apple and licking her lips after every bite made me fear for Yevetta's Estonian lady bits.  
  • Eric and Lafayette!  Together!  Again!  More!  Please!  


The Bad

  • The slow motion bullet.  Just because you have a big special effects budget doesn't mean you have to use it all the time, particularly in a way that suggests your audience isn't smart enough to figure out that the werewolf and not Eric was the intended recipient of the bullet.  The upside?  Seeing Eric's little post-feed fangasm when he tells Sookie that he got the rug all wet. 
  • Should I care about Tommy Mickens?  Because I'm not feeling it.  He's just a bratty, possibly criminal douchebag at this point. 
  • Yes, Sookie.  You are that stupid.  Case in point:  going into the champagne room with Patrick Swayze's brother.    

The Ugly

  • Joe Lee Mickens' grey/brown/filthy tighty whiteies.  I was gobsmacked when he walked into Merlotte's wearing actual pants although they were the same dingy color as his Jockeys.  At this point, I'd be happy to see him in a pair of clean boxer shorts with a button fly.   
  • Tara as a zombie based on the influence of supernatural creature.  Again.  
  • Jason does does not want to be a cop.  But he's still a shitty friend.  
  • Someone please help me to care about Sam.  Please!  
  • Sookie's 1980's white lace top.  Gah.  My eyes!

4 comments:

  1. Off the hook.

    Can't wait 2 whole weeks. OMG!!!

    Lorena&Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am so excited for episode 4! Looking forward to seeing Debbie Pelt take the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap! I agree best eposode so far can't wait for the next one. Oh and Alcide is so yummy. Hubby was rolling his eyes at me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait until Alcide removes that pesky shirt. Hubby's eyeballs are likely to be permanently rolled into the back of his head ;)

    ReplyDelete