Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WWGD - The T-Shirt!

So I was sitting here in my insomnia induced madness wondering What Would Gemma Do tonight?  Gemma probably would have gone to bed and taken an Ambien an 90 minutes ago, you know because the beautiful queen of bikers needs her beauty sleep, ya'll.  But if the WWGD code wasn't engrained in your psyche already, the FX shop is finally, finally selling its first piece of What Would Gemma Do merchandise.  And it's about damn time because the feminist in me would rather have a root canal with no pain meds than wear a Property of SAMCRO t-shirt.  So here she is:    

Isn't she pretty?  I love the tattoo-like detailing in the background.  She is even my color, or at least the color I wear when I'm not in my black top and skinny jeans uniform.  Go buy one.  Now.  In fact, buy two.  (Perhaps FX will make more WWGD merchandise if there is enough demand and I know there are plenty of women who are Sons of Anarchy fans.)  I've got a minor concern about how this shirt will look on someone with boobs -- where that top banner hits could be cute and flirty OR obscene.  I'll only know for sure once I get it on.  

Also:  Brace yourselves, the Emmy nominations come out this week.  If Katey Sagal isn't nominated......  well..... it won't be pretty.  It makes me wonder, what would Gemma do if an entire fandom erupts in fury over another year of being overlooked?         

4 comments:

  1. I just *knew* you'd write about this shirt!!

    As for where the top banner will ride on your chest... that's by design, don't cha think?

    I thought the price was a titch steep, so it better be a rockin' bad-ass shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I couldn't resist! The price is a bit steep -- it was $33 with shipping. As for the top banner, yeah, if it rides on the chest it will be cute but if it is a "What would" banner right across the front of my boobs, it might be a bit too much. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has the shirt arrived?

    I assume it hasn't, otherwise you would have blogged/tweeted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the price needs to come down! I would by two as xmas gifts but $33.00 for a tee? Gemma would bitch slap the shop owner and just take it.

    ReplyDelete