Friday, October 23, 2009

Ratings Love for Sons of Anarchy

So, if you have been living under a rock, Sons of Anarchy has gotten some huge ratings news since Tuesday.   Mostly because it was the first cable series to beat the Leno show.  (And man, did that show deserve to be beaten.  I was forced to watch it with my parents and it was just awful).  And the show, it's creators, writers, producers, cast, and crew deserve some big props for a job well done.


And just as a side note, I don't get why there is a huge distinction between basic cable shows and network shows.  Tradition?  The networks have been around since God created television so thus they must be revered?  I don't buy the argument that not everyone has cable.  Just basic cable - not the premium channels.  Basic cable costs like $20 a month.  I'm just not buying that.  Anyways....

Time's Tuned in blog, gave Sons of Anarchy a very nice write up, starting with a thump-thump, thump-thump for SOA running over The Leno show.  I don't know if it was just me, but I thought the analysis was a little too Leno centric.  And while we're on the topic of Leno, ohnotheydidn't has some beatific NBC hate going on - the genius is in parsing through the comments, trust me. And rounding out the Sons of Anarchy ratings boon news, the New York Post calls it the surprise hit of the fall season.

Great job, Sons of Anarchy.  Next up for you all to roll over:  the piece of fail that is The Good Wife on CBS.

ETA:  Love for FX at Variety and another gush about the ratings numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment