Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Golden Globes = Epic Fail

We were robbed!  Robbed, I tell you!  Who the fuck do these Hollywood Foreign Press Association people think they are?  Yeah, I totally, just did that.  So Sons of Anarchy walks away with no Golden Globe nominations.  Like for anything.  Not even for Katey Sagal.  If there was one nomination that was a lock, it was Katey Sagal's portrayal of Gemma Teller, right?  Well, apparently not so much.  And the fandom rang out in anguish this morning when the news broke.  The Twitter tag for #sonsofanarchywererobbed was instantly created.  I swear, hand to God, that a riot will break out on Twitter if this happens again with the Emmys.  Let me point out that we aren't alone in our thinking that we were robbed. Who knows, maybe even an actual riot might break out at the ceremony.  You never know.  I'll be the first to don my Che Guevara hat and with fist raised in the air, cry out Viva la Revolucion!    

I will say that the category for Best Drama was pretty competitive but amongst the nominees (Big Love, Dexter, House, Mad Men, and True Blood) I can't help thinking that SOA was superior to each of them in some way. Big Love - Jesus, I don't even remember when that was on to say whether it was any good or not. I vaguely remember thinking that it was but who the hell knows.  Something about secretive polygamous Mormons.  Dexter is fabulous - some tough competition.  House - I have no idea because I don't watch it.  Mad Men - the gorgeous show where nothing happens but I really like looking at John Hamm....  mmmm John Hamm.  And True Blood, which I adore but come on, a maenad, seriously?  Even I got tired of it by halfway through the season.  My point is that it isn't like these shows were so far superior to Sons of Anarchy that it would have been out of place.

Now, on to the Best Actress category.  And the nominees were:  Glenn Close, January Jones, Juliana Margulies, Anna Paquin, and Kyra Sedgewick.  I'm gonna exclude Glenn Close and Anna Paquin from the following statement because I think that they both deserve the nomination.  Here goes:  those bitches don't deserve the nomination.  Like at all.  Katey Sagal acted the hell out of her role this season.  She did fucking laps around Jones, Margulies, and Sedgewick.  Sorry ladies, but it is the truth.  And btw, The Good Wife is a fucking terrible piece of soap opera trash.  The Closer, I like in a turn you brain off and be predictably entertained sort of way.

Now, before I start riling up the teeming masses of angry Sons of Anarchy fans let's not forget that the Golden Globes isn't taken completely seriously.  Really.  I mean, they gave Pia Zadora an award for Able's sake.

Besides, there is always the Emmys.
OH GOD, HELP US ALL IF SOA AND KATEY AREN'T NOMINATED
 

3 comments:

  1. I don't follow awards because I just think they are pathetic. BUT, I'm curious...what viewer choice awards would this show fall under? Maybe a call to them would be in order. I've already posted email for the sag awards. I'm just grossed out by the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not so much the award (yeah it is 1 dumbass looking ball on a stick)its just the out of touch suit wearers and goddamn backslapping elite of hollywood that still participate in this sham of an awards show.why spend good money whining and dining a bunch of small time reporters?fucking leaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the awards. Really, it is all political and a great big beauty pageant. Snubbing Katey Sagal bothers me the most because she totally deserved the nod.

    ReplyDelete