Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I Did Over Winter Break....


Happy New Year all three of my loyal readers!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.  Santa brought me my heart’s desire this year.  (No, not Gemma’s sunglasses.  Mr. Kayteadee told me that I was out of my fool mind if I thought he was going to spend $400 on a pair of freaking sunglasses and I had better start saving my pennies.) I got a skateboard!  
There have been no smackdowns issued with it as of this writing, but you never know what the future holds.  I have taken it out every day but desperately need to get a helmet.  On my first outing on Christmas morning, I promptly fell flat on my ass in the driveway in my pajamas.  But nonetheless, I have been out practicing every day—my balance is good, I can turn to the right and left but no double ollies yet. 
The 12-year-old boys down the street who have bones made of rubber apparently think it is quite humorous that I am trying to skateboard.  They invite me to practice with them in the driveway; I haven’t taken them up on it yet because I’m pretty sure they secretly ridicule me behind my back anyways.  I’m totes okay with that because I secretly curse at them under my breath when I pass them while out for a run.  Goddamn little flexible adolescents think they are so cool practicing their double fucking ollies in the driveway without any pads or helmets while talking on their cell phones.  I wish horrific cases of cystic acne on all of you little bastards.
My Sons of Anarchy withdraw is raging.  I’ve been watching Season 1 of the Shield and I’m at episode 5.  It’s good stuff.  I watched a few episodes of Hoarders on demand and it was like watching a fucking train wreck.  I couldn’t look away but I was horrified at the same time.  The upside to Hoarders?  I didn’t feel quite so bad about that monster basket of laundry in the bedroom where all the clean laundry goes and never gets put away in actual drawers or closets.   Stuff that is worthwhile watching that doesn’t make me feel like I need to bathe in Purell and Clorox?  Modern Family is fucking funny and Pawn Stars is awesome —sort of like Antiques Roadshow if the guys on American Choppers ran it. 
I’ve also been noisily suffering through enduring Mr. Kayteadee’s love of Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Hunters Academy.  I loathe these shows.  They are antithetical to my core.  You might see a recap of one in the near future as a part of an irregular series of recaps where I try out new shows in an attempt to fill the Sons of Anarchy void. 
Also-also, I’ve been reading about MCs, at least from a law-enforcement perspective for starters.  I’ve burned through William Queen’s Under and Alone.  I’m ploughing through Jay Dobyn’s No Angel.  Next up in the law-enforcement take is Kerrie Droban’s Running with the Devil.  I’ll be blogging about those in addition to Sonny Barger’s book and Hunter S. Thompson’s.  Think of it as a “Kayteadee reads it so you don’t have to sort of thing.”  If you have other MC insider book suggestions, let me know in the comments or tweet me @ kayteadee. 
Again, Happy New Year!  The blogging hiatus is over and the premier of Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy is only 8 months away.  Gulp.  8 more months?  Sigh….    

10 comments:

  1. The 8 months until SOA Season 3 should allow us to get through a few seasons of The Shield! All roads lead to SOA (in my life).

    Glad to see you back on the blogs, toots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in full agreement with you in regards to a raging withdrawal due to S.O.A being on hiatus.I've tried watching other shows,the latest being Saving Grace but none give me that rush that Sons does week after week.Maybe FX will be kind to us and start running reruns starting at season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, VeeBee!

    I certainly hope that FX will start re-runs. Or maybe a mid-season show might emerge that will captivate our interest? I have medium hopes for Southland. I think it starts this week or next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outlaw Biker: My Life at Full Throttle is a good one to get the biker's perspective. Street Justice by Chuck Zito was kinda funny since he was a HA who was also a security guy for lots of celebrities and was on Oz? I think that was it. and A Wayward Angel: the full story of the Hells Angels.

    If you read the law enforcement ones it's kind of fun to see the other side's opinion of the same things..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you've watched them, but if you like SOA, try out these shows to recap:

    The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Chuck, Psych, Lost (whoo hoo!) I think you're on the Shield already, keep at it...Boomtown is an old show from 2003-2004 but it was a great show, worth checking out on DVD as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might check out Outlaw Biker and Street Justice. I wanted to try and get as many views on the outlaw biker as reasonably possible. I'd love to find one written from a woman's perspective but haven't found it yet....

    @Geoff, I loved The Wire. I was thinking of picking up Chuck. For better or for worse, I missed the boat on Lost and Battlestar Galactica...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost is its own special thing...either you like it or you don't; if you didn't like any part of it anytime you saw it, I won't push it.

    BSG, on the other hand, I'd encourage you to at least watch the miniseries pilot. I thought that the show was going to be crap when I checked out the original, and then by chance I saw the miniseries premiere on NBC on a Saturday night. I watched it and was hooked same time.

    Chuck is one of the most fun shows on TV, it's just a joy to watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. I might try and catch the BSG on demand. I did watch the first 2 episodes for Caprica and was... well... underwhelmed. I got a season pass Chuck but haven't watched tonight's premier yet. I've got that and Big Love in the queue. I'm still hoping Southland will be worthwhile. Who knows?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm just ran across this today:

    http://www.chicksonbikes.us/
    New book...chicks on bikes. Pictorials and essays done by a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice. There was also something on the National Geographic Channel about women-only MCs who were trying to be like 1%ers...

    ReplyDelete