Monday, February 22, 2010

A Sons of Anarchy Fanifc Challenge

Wow! So... I have totally been demonized on my own fucking blog because I dared to critique a piece of Sons of Anarchy fanfic.  Who the fuck do I think I am?  Only one of the smartest bitches you will ever come across.  Someone who can string at least two coherent sentences together while using proper punctuation to write a blog, that's who!  If you need to catch up click here.  Anyways, this is the comment in question with punctuation preserved for posterity:    


Liz said...
Who gives a fuck about her opinion [Name excluded to protect the innocent]?It's pretty obvious that she's the kinda girl that get's off making personal attacks on others.Makes her feel special ya know. 
This would totally bother me if (1) I didn't have thick fucking skin from enduring daily criticism of my work from people who actually have shaken my hand; (2) It contained even a hint of the truth; and (3) Uh, "personal attacks" is soooo not what my blog is about.  Yeah, Liz.  I'm totally making an example of you.  It stops here and and it stops now.  Although, I do love all the page views and site visits ya'll are generating.  Bravo!  {{Golf Claps}}  It's my blog.  If you don't like my opinion then stop reading, start your own blog, or shut the fuck up.  


How to remedy this without alienating some of my readers?  I like to be constructive when faced with a challenge so here goes:  I fucking hate fanfic.  I think it represents the gross, festering underbelly of any fandom.  This is your official, engraved invitation to prove me wrong!  Post your links to what you consider to be the best Sons of Anarchy fanfic if you dare in the comments section and I will read it, evaluate it based on grammar, punctuation, style, plot, and content.  This is your opportunity to convert me.  Have at it! 


Also:  tomorrow we return to our regularly scheduled programming.  
      
ETA:  As of 11:06 pm on 2/23/2010 no one had chimed in.  All you lurkers must be scared.


  






    

2 comments:

  1. fanfic is generally utterly disloyal to what the series/book/film/whatever was really about, and that fanfic you reviewed looked like total piss, There are occasionally some okay ones though if you ignore the cliches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is terrible. I get that people need to direct their enthusiasm somewhere but 99% of it is just creepy, poorly-written drivel. I got a shit-ton of nasty email and comments about the one I reviewed. I think they were all afraid of how I might review their submissions. As they should be ;)

    ReplyDelete