Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Between Firinne and Bainne


In last week's installment of Sons of Anarchy, Firinne, things got medieval and Season 3 Jax was reintroduced to Season 1 Jax. That closing scene in Firinne fantastic. It was as if Jax stepped out of this cloud of self loathing and anguish, remembered who he was and decided it was time to engage in life again.


How Jax will engage is a completely different matter. Is a man so filled with violence and anger just going to allow his son to be adopted out to A Good Catholic Family? Or perhaps Jax will come to the realization that the path that SAMCRO is on now doesn't have to be the same path for his son? The MC can be something different, right? That was kind of the point of the tension between Jax and Clay all along.   Before I digress too far into the realm of unanswerable questions, here are some thoughts on Bainne and the other two closing episodes of this season of Sons of Anarchy:


  • SAMCRO's visit to Belfast seems to indicate that all may not be well in the broader universe of Sons of Anarchy charters. This could signal future problems and enemies within in upcoming  seasons.
  • What kind of Charming will SAMCRO return home to? I want more substance on the Charming side of the story because selfishly I want David Hale's death  (yeah, remember that) to mean something more than what it has so far. 
  • So far SAMCRO seems to have gotten off relatively easy in terms of casualties this season. Donna was killed in season 1 and Half-Sack was killed in season 2. Sons of Anarchy is a show about consequences and I'd be shocked of all of the members of the MC made it home to Charming upright. Yes I'm looking at you Chibs.  
  • Maybe I'm in a good mood but I'm getting the feeling that Sweet Baby Abel will make it home and Pinky will endure to the next trimester.
  • I know there's a spoiler out on the internets about this and don't  you dare spoil me but.... I'll bet that Gemma tells Jax about Tara and Pinky in Bainne. Just to light a fire under his ass. 
  • Is the season going to end with Gemma and the boys being arraigned? Orange isn't our girl's color. 
  • There's the whole Stahl thing to deal with. However, bullets are cheaper than owning up to your brothers that you made a deal with the devil.
  • I'm interested to see if Jax can get Jimmy O back to Charming without having to explain a lot to his brothers.
  • Speaking of Jimmy O, he was the one who wanted to return Abel straightaway. I wonder if that might help to save his neck.
  • Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I get the feeling that there are larger interests in play with the Jacob Hale story line. My paranoia is pointing straight to LOAN and Zobelle.
  • I hope Tara and Margaret can rescue themselves because Tig, Kozick, and Piney will be lucky if they don't kill each other in the rescue.  
  • Pinky may or may not endure but will Tara stick around for Jax when he gets back?
  • Remember waaaaaay back when Kurt Sutter tweeted about putting a body in the trunk of a Prius? I wonder if he had Salazar in mind at the time.
As always, a very special thanks to @amonmich for the screen caps. Go check out her blog

What are your thoughts, questions, and expectations for Bainne and the concluding episodes of Sons of Anarchy? The comments section awaits.

6 comments:

  1. Amen. Where's the love for Hale? And nice catch on the Prius tweet - I'd totally forgotten! That's a good question. Does that mean Lyla perhaps helps out the ladies? I hope it's Salazar's girl. I just really want to whack her.

    Getting nervous as the body count is sure to go higher. Chibs has already been sliced and blown the hell up... I'm hoping he gets a break. And I'd like to see Fiona and Kerrianne (sp?) stick around. I still don't feel too great about Maureen living, but maybe so.

    Ready to get this party started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also... will there be more 'stones to unturn'? I would think yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a profound hate for Salazar's girl too. I'm looking forward to her getting killed more than Salazar.

    Stones to unturn? I hope they do it more quickly than they revealed Trinity. That turned out the be a big whopping non thing.

    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way about Hale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the episode and I promise not to spoil it. I have one statement to say for the end of the season. Juice better survive to be the funny man next season. If he dies it'll be just like Lost again.
    (Spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet but want to)
    When Charlie died at the end of Season 3
    (end of spoiler)

    I stopped watching and I don't know if I can get lost in a tv world without Juice. He's credited to the end of the Season and he better not be corpse for any of those episodes.

    PS. I am a shameless Juice fan girl and I apologize if my posts detract from any of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No apologies needed. I'm a juice lover too and know exactly what you mean about Lost and Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just got around to watching Bainne, still not finished yet but I had to pause it and come somewhere to say:

    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE KILL THAT ATF FEMALE POODLE STAHL?

    Heck, I can't even stand the SIGHT of her anymore. To call her incompetent is a diss to all incompetents worldwide. I hope she gets hers in the finale.

    Now back to finishing the episode.

    ReplyDelete