Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Signs You Are a Sons of Anarch Fan: Season 3 Edition

Image Source: FX

Last year I wrote a blog post called Signs You Might Be a Sons of Anarchy Fan. A few people liked it. While I'm working on the recap for Firinne, I thought it might be a good time to revisit that blog post and come up with an version for Season 3. Enjoy!
  1. You start reading Yeates, you know, for fun. And just to make sure you have all the literary references covered, you're planning on reading Macbeth too.
  2. You will never be able to look at a bottle of baby oil the same way again. Ever. 
  3. You started having an anxiety attack when you realize that there are only three episodes left in this season. ZOMG HOW DID THIS HAPPEN ALREADY? You then started to have a subsequent anxiety attack when you realized that after this season, there are only 4 seasons left. Ever. 
  4. You casually drop Sons of Anarchy references into conversations with coworkers, distant family members and marginal friends to sneakily test if they watch the show. (For example, "Man, if there was a skateboard within reach this TPS report situation would have ended differently.")
  5. You are planning on going to Belfast for your summer vacation. 
  6. Now that Opie is wearing his shogun bun, you're not real sure what to do with that black knit hat you bought last year.
  7. Being on Team Tara is sooooo Season 2. Now you're on Team Lyla.
  8. You can watch the Belfast scenes and understand 80% of what the characters are saying. Closed captioning is for posers. 
  9. When you read the crazy shit that some people tweet to/at Kurt Sutter about the show, you just want to reach through your broadband connection and give them a good smack.
  10. You got a Sons of Anarchy tattoo.
If you have experienced 0-1 of these things, you really need to recommit yourself to the show. 
If you have experienced 2-5 of these things, you have a healthy relationship with the show.
If you have experienced 5 or more of these things, you're beyond hope -- but in a good way.

7 comments:

  1. Niiiiice! I love it. I also love that you referenced Office Space AND SOA in one sentence. High five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for #8. I am so tired of morons whining that they cannot understand an Irish fuckin' accent. Some of them even asked for subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good for dropping a skateboard reference into everyday conversation. I also threaten to go "Gemma" on people more often these days.

    You're forgetting Team Fiona. I'm not only a member, I'm the President.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's also having panic attacks if your boy or boys aren't on that ep. Didn't see Juice last night and it took a Tweet from Theo to calm my ass down. I also throw WWGD? into conversations and often get looks of confusion and people concerned for my well being. Also I am Team Tara, but also Team Lyla and Team Fiona. I see no reason to divide the love I just share it all.

    By the way I still adore this blog and check in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm in trouble. Serious trouble. *sigh* I'm so good with that though..that worries me even more. :)

    One more:
    You're turning Twitter off early on Tuesday so you don't have to deal with people too rude to keep spoilers off until AFTER it airs nationwide. And ready to kill them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a walk down SOA memory lane and re-read your original list. I STILL remember Sutter's tweet to you, "I fucking love this."

    I, too, adore this blog. Although I'm a bit annoyed that you have prompted me to covet Frye boots. But the balmy So Ca climate just doesn't warrant that level of investment in boots. So I tell myself.

    Hey, did you ever post about the WWGD t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you guys are the best! I love ya'll.

    Victoria, if I can wear the boots in NC, you can surely wear them in CA. I swear. They're not lined like uggs are so it isn't like your feet will sweat.

    WWGD t shirt post is coming. There's been a wrinkle, a change to the story, but it is coming. I swear.

    ReplyDelete