Saturday, November 6, 2010

Things I Like Right Now

Photo Source: NPR/Deborah Feingold
I've been a bit of a grouch lately. Okay, a bit more of a grouch than usual. I'm stressed, I'm tired, and I just need it to be December already. Anyways, I wanted to end this week on a less critical note by blogging about the things that make me happy. Inspired by posts that blaurgra writes about the things she likes, I thought I would do the same. So here goes:
  1. The interview with Keith Richards on NPR's Fresh Air. I don't know if I actually believe that Keith Richards came up with Satisfaction in a dream but he sure has a charming way of convincing you that he did. 
  2.  Zappos.com, or specifically their customer service. They gave me free overnight shipping on a pair of boots I ordered. Better yet? Free return shipping for the exchange when I had to return the boots because I ordered the wrong size. 
  3. Cee Lo Green's song F*ck You. He's such a great soul singer and I can't wait for his album to drop.  
  4. Slate's running conversation analyzing how the female candidates performed during the elections and what it might mean for the future female political candidates. 
  5. Giant Lemonheads. They're the only Halloween candy left in the house that I didn't pawn off of my students. They're like a Fireball but, you know, a Lemonhead. Yum.
  6. Not washing my curly hair anymore. I've joined the No Poo revolution. Before you get grossed out, I am cleaning my hair. I'm just not using shampoo any more and my curls look lovely, soft and springy with no frizz. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo of Keith - the original badass! He's been wearing that skull ring since @sutterink was in nappies!

    I've always marveled at how modern cosmetic dentistry and the Stones' vast wealth has been able to slow the aging process for them. They look better today than they did in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Fresh Air are we going to plead with Terry Gross to interview Kurt? As you've said before that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete