Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - What do we know?

Okay, there's been some news.  Bits and pieces. Dribs and drabs.  The Sons of Anarchy Season 3 news that makes the wait thismuch more tolerable.  Most importantly, production started on 4/23!  Yay!  Twitter reports from the table read for Episode 1 are very promising not to mention the first day of production.

Hal Holbrook has been cast as Gemma's father, Nate Hadock for a four episode arc.  Apparently Gemma and Dear Old Dad meet up under unusual circumstances.   As if we could expect any usual circumstances on our beloved Sons of Anarchy.  And Dear Old Dad may or may not be trigger happy while watching old Westerns and suffering from Alzheimer's.

And Gemma.  Well.  There is a rumor that she is still on the run but apparently, there is a $10,000 bounty out on her.  I don't know about the bounty part.  The price seems really, really low but then I've never hired a bounty hunter before.  And what bounty hunter in their right mind would go out looking for the Beautiful Biker Queen?  It just smells fishy to me.

Unsurprisingly, Able is still missing as Season 3 begins and his absence is taking a toll on Jax and Tara and their tru lruv.  Paging Wendy!  Able's abduction obviously opens up a line for the Belfast chapter so it will be interesting to see the role that (new character alert!) Maureen will play in The Kid's return/demise. (Paula Malcolmson was cast to play Maureen, a character with a 9 episode arc).  Perhaps she is Cameron's wife?  Just a guess.  Plus Jimmy O might come back for a few episodes as well.

Finally, I know the off season is hard.  I've resorted to really enjoying Fringe.  I get it -- we are al resorting to drastic measures.  But before anyone gets really desperate and thinks it would be a brilliant fucking idea to get a Sons of Anarchy tattoo because there are pictures out there on the internets of people who have gotten the full back patch and no I'm not going to link to them.  Just remember, Sons of Anarchy is a television show.  If you need a flow chart to decide whether SOA themed ink is right for you, perhaps you should consult this.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Resorted to enjoying Fringe? Is that such a stretch? That show rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rocks now - Season 1 not so much. I would grudging watch it, asking "Are we watching Fringe? If so, I need to break out my tin foil hat." The last 4 or 5 episodes have really been fantastic though. I'll happily admit that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week's Fringe episode has a "musical" aspect to it. I honestly can't believe they're doing that. It's such a very, very bad idea. Whatever. I likes my Fringe, warts and all. By the way, since your blog is geared towards small town themes, are you going to be checking out the Happy Town premiere this Wednesday on ABC? I'm going to give it a chance.

    Here's the trailer:

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/140141/happy-town-every-smile-has-a-secret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the musical episode seems.... well... like a crappy diversion from the plot. I'm not expecting too much.

    I'm a bit intrigued by Happy Town. It seems to have a Twin Peaks sort of charm. If I like it I might recap it. I kind of miss recapping but it is a shit ton of work so I have to enjoy the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oof! Tweet of death from Ausiello. I'm still going to watch Happy Town, but my expectations are now non-existent.

    http://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/12971217759

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, this isn't very promising either.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2252142/?from=rss

    I'll probably season pass it and watch a few episodes before I decide....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still slogging through The Shield, but am stretching it out for fear of completing all episodes while still waiting for season 3.

    Have also resorted to watching Weeds... not nearly as clever as Sutter's dark, self-loathing writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Weeds. It is sick but in a different way. I've still got Season 1 and 2 of The Shield on DVD. I think it's going to end up being marathon watched over a rainy weekend.

    ReplyDelete