Monday, April 26, 2010

Springtime Sentimental

The South is not my natural habitat.  I come from the land of four distinct seasons where people talk at a normal pace and don't refer to the Civil War in regular conversation.  My springtime dreams always revert back to home where lilacs perfume the air and peonies grow in huge bushes, heavy with blooms.  Sure it is great that it is 85 degrees in April but fuck it is going to be 98 degrees for 2 months straight this summer but finding gorgeous, prolific peonies like is is a rarity.  A real treat.        


That is all.  Carry on, then.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous peonies! They are second only to Lily of the Valley for me. Used to have a bush before we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love Lily of the Valley too. I guess Jasmine is a fair trade-off but I still miss Lilacs.

    ReplyDelete