Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shit Flooded Ya'll

 So, shit flooded last night. It's still raining. First, I explored the backyard. Ordinarily the black dog would be all over this because, he's a lab and he loves water but he was uncertain this morning...

So rather than play in the water, he decided it would be a good idea to drink it. Meanwhile, the Yellow Dog decided it was time to run through our new pool like there was no tomorrow. 


The Black Dog was still such a ninny that, he wouldn't leave me alone long enough to take a picture of how deep the water in our backyard actually is. So yes, my leg is in the picture somewhere and the water comes to mid-calf. 


Elsewhere in the neighborhood, the lunatics who take care of their lawn as if it were a putting green were not immune to flooding overnight. See that line? That's a debris line, marking how high the flood waters came up onto their front yard.


Here's a side street, overflowing drainage ditch with water spilling out into the street.


This is from the street next to ours. It flooded out completely last night. See that nasty black line on the political sign? That's another debris line. Yes, the water came up that high.

 Ah, good times.

4 comments:

  1. I'm flooded too and its ridiculous. My stupid school district refused to close, so I got to brave through the waters in my Civic this morning. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - I just saw the flooding on the news! Love that Black Dog. It's the coffee slurping dog, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I thought to check here I've been worried about you guys. Sorry about the flooding but happy everyone is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All our schools closed but I get the feeling that it was because it was much worse for people who live a bit further inland.

    Yes, VB, Black Dog is the coffee drinker. He's just my 110 lb ninny. Throw a tennis ball for him into the ocean and he'll swim out to get it. Try to get him to walk through a deep puddle in the back yard, forget about it.

    ReplyDelete