Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sons of Anarchy and Irish Accents

If you're anything like me, you had some problems understanding some of the Irish accents on Sons of Anarchy this week. I'm particularly annoyed since half of my family members actually have strong Irish accents. Anyways, rather than renting a Intermission every week to fine tune your ears to get all of the dialogue, I've transcribed three of the conversations from Oiled. They're not perfect, not exact, but they should help a bit. More after the jump.



The conversation between Cameron Hayes and Fr. Kellan Ashby at the start of the episode
Cameron: ATF set up Eddie.
Ashby: You've got more than one strike coming.
Cameron: Never should have made that deal with the AB (Aryan Brotherhood) just knowing Jimmy's plans for pushing out the Sons
Ashby: Jimmy doesn't make those decisions. You killed a man who is part of an organization who we've been allied to for more than 20 years. You kidnapped the grandson of the man responsible for that union. John Teller was a friend. 
Cameron: The child is fine father. Mo's looking after him. Took care of him like he was my own. I know our history is deep with the Sons but Jesus, it was John's old lady that murdered my boy. There's got to be some understanding that. 
Ashby: I'll speak to jimmy and the Council. the sons will require some further thought.
Cameron: Thank you.

The telephone conversation between Jimmy O and Ashby
Jimmy O: I'm telling you, Eddie set me up. Put me at the safe house so ATF could catch me with the guns. Clay can back me up, he was there. 
Ashby: jaysus
Jimmy O: I find it hard to believe that Cammie wasn't privy to what his son was doing. Needs to go away, quietly. 
Ashby: That's a council decision
Jimmy O: He's a tout. The decision's obvious.
Ashby: Been away so long jimmy, you forget how we do things at home. It's not a one man army. 
Jimmy O: Forgive me father, I don't swing incense at St Matt's/Mark's anymore.
Ashby: Oh I'm very aware of that that. What are we going to do with clay's old lady killing edmund?
Jimmy O: Meeting with SAMCRO this afternoon. What about the wee one?
Ashby: The baby's safe
Jimmy O: Okay, i'll give you a bell after we talk with the Sons
....... hangs up.........
Jimmy O's Henchman: Troubles?
Jimmy O: Our good priest, getting a might too godly for his collar

The conversation between Maureen and Ashby
Maureen: He's a special one
Ashby: We're all special at that wee age. Where's trinity?
Maureen: She's out on holiday with a friend. How's our cousin?
Ashby: I heard from jimmy. he has proof that eddie worked for the feds
Maureen: Oh shit
Ashby: It's worse. He spoke to clay. It wasn't gemma that killed the boy, it was atf. 
Maureen: Oh Jesuss. Kellan, no.
Ashby: I know. I've counsulted with the council. If we leave it to jimmy or the mc.... it will be brutal, Mo.
Maureen: Yeah I know. How does it land on the cause?
Ashby: Erase it all. see cammie erased. No trace at all he was here. 
Maureen: Last thing Jimmy wants is SAMCRO showing up here looking for this one
Ashby: Yes, that would complicate matters. 
Maureen: And what do you desire father ashby?
Ashby: To give the sacraments to make sure our kill winds up on the right side of god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment