Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Marathon?

So, The LSH (Also known as @Angry_Traveler) is going to be away on a boys weekend in Kiawah pretending to like playing golf with his fellow consulting nerds. He'll be gone from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. Aside from my niece's third birthday party on Saturday (yes, there will be a bouncy castle, yes, I am totally getting in it, and yes, there will be pictures), I am completely free for the weekend. My plans? Marathon tv series viewing/catch up.

Now this is where ya'll come in. What should I watch? Here's what I am considering:

  1. The Wire - I'm half way through Season 1, so I'd hope to get through seasons 2 and 3 
  2. Friday Night Lights - Haven't watched any of it.
  3. The Shield - Much like The Wire, I'm half way through Season 1.
  4. Something else?
Sound off in the comments section...

9 comments:

  1. Never got into Friday Night Lights. Watched a few episodes but it didn't appeal to me. The Shield kicked ass. I miss that show. I'd probably watch that if I were you. The Wire is great (REALLY great), but The Shield comes first. That's my 2 cents. Copious amounts of wine and The Shield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wife and I have been watching Dexter (we're about halfway through Season 1) and I'm debating to start up Season 2 of Weeds...but I suggest either of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm leaning towards The Shield right now. I just happened to run to Costco today to stock up on some lovely bottles of red wine for the weekend.

    Brian, I'm already caught up on Dexter. I really like Weeds too -- or at least the first 3 seasons of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between the Wire and the Shield, you'll have a whole lot to chew on...

    and while the Shield may be more pulpy-action packed, the Wire is indeed the better show. I will grant that Shield definately had the better season finale though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched The Wire, but FNL and The Shield are both great. Like SOA, The Shield really makes you pay attention and everything means something. FNL has the most amazing central couple (Connie Britton & Kyle Chandler) that actually make me believe that people can really fall in love and stay married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm torn between The Wire and The Shield.... I've been watching The Wire more recently than The Shield so I might go with The Wire and save The Shield for the SOA off season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You follow me on Twitter, you know how fast and furiously I've been going through The Shield. I watched the first season of The Wire and I liked it, didn't love it. The Shield is much better.

    Friday Night Lights, much like SOA, is a cult show that critics love and awards shows don't. THe first season has a big football emphasis, but sadly that didn't transfer over to the other seasons. Best family drama on network tv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, Kat. That's a big reason why I was considering The Shield. And @yostef loves The Wire. So torn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Wire has a bit more meat to it than The Shield. I have to give The Wire a second chance.
    The plus about The Shield is that half of the cast is still employed by FX in new shows haha.

    ReplyDelete