Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When will Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy begin?

So.....  I am liking Justified but notice that it airs on Tuesdays at 10:00 -- the Sons of Anarchy time slot.  It sent my little hamster wheel turning.  Hmmm....  Tuesdays at 10:00.  Justified will run for 13 weeks.  FX is going to have to re-air Season 2 which is another 13 weeks.  What does this mean for the premier of Season 3? When is the Season 3 premier of Sons of Anarchy?

Here's my logic:

  • Justified runs for 13 weeks beginning on March 16, 2010.  Assuming that does well enough to have a full 13 episode run, the finale will air on June 8, 2010.    
  • Now, assuming that FX will re-air all of Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy one episode a week before Season 3 begins, it will also take 13 weeks.  Let's assume that that it will begin as soon as Justified is over.  That means that the re-airs of Sons of Anarchy Season 2 will begin on June 15, 2010.  A 13 week consecutive run means that it Na Triobloidi will re-run just after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 7, 2010
  • What's the X factor, the unknown variable?  Well, if FX airs marathon re-runs of Season 2 in order to get the DVD out so that there are no episodes of SOA on the air for the DVD release (I mean, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free, right?).  That means that FX would have to wrap-up the reruns on Season 2 by the beginning of August to capitalize on the build up to Season 3.    
This is a long way of say that Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy will probably air no later than Tuesday, September 14, 2010.  I'm going to handicap that slightly with this:  Season 2 premiered on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 -- the Tuesday immediately following Labor Day.  That also means that it would air no earlier than September 7, 2010.    

That's it:  It's either going to be September 7th or September 14th.  I'll eat my Opie hat if it isn't either of those dates.

5 comments:

  1. Hoping for September 7. That's my birthday, can't think of a better gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope its sooner rather than later. Major Jax withdrawls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you dear girl I wouldn't want you to have to eat your Opie Hat. Op puts that on his unwashed but lovable head. It's dirty. Don't eat that. I heart Op though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, don't we all love Opie!

    A pal on twitter reminded me that Rescue Me begins this summer but I still don't think that changes the possible range of dates! At least I hope not (gulp)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I growl at Rescue Me, especially if interferes with SOA

    ReplyDelete